We respect your privacy
We are committed to protecting your privacy and respecting and upholding your rights under and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (the GDPR) (collectively, Privacy Laws). We ensure that we will take all necessary and reasonable steps to comply with the relevant Privacy Laws and to deal with inquiries or complaints from individuals about compliance with the relevant Privacy Laws .
We collect a variety of information about our wonderful customers (you!) and visitors to Kakadu Plum Co. website. This personal data falls into these categories:
Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media user name.
Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial Data includes payment card details.
Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling).
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If you use any of these types of personal data on products you design or create on moo.com, we will not be able to tell. We will treat all the personal data included in designs or products as ordinary personal data.
Remember, if you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the products and services you’ve asked for.
How we collect your personal data.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or through chat or social media.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- sign up to receive #theplumpower newsletter;
- make enquiries or request information be sent to you;
- create an account on our website;
- order our products or services;
- ask for marketing to be sent to you;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- contact customer services; or
- leave comments or reviews on our products or services
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via the kakaduplumco.com website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our website, or when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on third party websites).
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various types of third parties, including:
- Technical Data and/or Tracking Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of payment and fraud prevention services;
- Identity and Contact Data from data partners; and
- Data from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media or review sites We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
How we use your personal data
We do not sell your personal data – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes.
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the kakaduplumco.com website, communicate with you about your use, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news about Kakadu Plum Co. news and sales, newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the Kakadu Plum Co. website; to evaluate, improve and to develop new products and services.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than where the law requires it, for example in relation to sending certain direct marketing communications. Where our legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time. You
Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Tracking, Usage and Profile Data to form a picture of what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you and tell you about them. This is what we call direct marketing. You may also see adverts for Kakadu Plum Co. in other social media sources and outlets, including Facebook and Instagram that have been directed to you based on your recent website visit or engagement with our pages and brand.
We may carry out direct marketing by email, phone, text or post. For example, you might have #theplumpower Mail hit your inbox or a nice promotion or special offer land in your letter box.
The easiest way to opt out is to use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the communication.
Tracking Data, and in particular cookies, help us to deliver website and social advertising that we believe is most relevant to you and to potential new customers of Kakadu Plum Co. The cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our website by specialist organisations – and this is also why when you’ve been on the kakaduplumco.com website, you might see that lovely business card design again. This includes retargeting.
Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This is helpful, because it means we can control the effectiveness of our adverts and control the number of times people might be shown our adverts (you know, before we risk become annoying). Cookies also help us understand if you’ve opened a marketing email because we don’t want to send you things you don’t read.
You can see from Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences above, that cookies are a tool which we (and everyone one else who operates online) uses for advertising. That is just part of why cookies are used. Generally, they are pretty clever.
Cookies help us work better and provide lots of help in the background to make the process of being a Kakadu Plum Co. customer a lot easier. You’d miss a lot of these things if they were gone.
Other cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used to improve how Kakadu Plum Co. works and operates.
There are also cookies that allow Kakadu Plum Co. to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. There are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
We may also use internal and third party analytics tools such as Google Analytics. The third party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from
Disclosures of your personal data
We may share personal data with the following categories third parties:
- Suppliers and service providers (such as technology service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, manufacturers and post and courier services);
- auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- government, regulators and law enforcement.
We also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Kakadu Plum Co. uses third party payment processors Stripe Payments and PayPal to process payments made for products and services via the Website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards (which are high!) and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Subject to the below exceptions, your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors – Kakadu Plum Co. NEVER sees your full Permanent Account Number (PAN). This means that the payment form is either off-site or displayed in a frame on the payment page.
For PayPal we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction with PayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your legal rights
Under the GDPR, an individual residing in the European Union has enhanced privacy rights, including the right to:
· require us to correct any Personal Information held about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
· require the deletion of Personal Information concerning you in certain situations;
· data portability for Personal Information you provide to us;
· object or withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Information;
· object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you; or
· otherwise restrict our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
updated 25 May 2018